By changing to a nautican propulsion system, the F/V Raven saw significant gains in speed and fuel economy:
F/V Raven Sees Notable Gains
- A measured increase of 13% in bollard pull,
- A measured reduction in horsepower to achieve same vessel speed,
- An increase in speed on average of over 1 knot and reduced fuel consumption at a given RPM,
- A net average increase in fuel economy (nm/gal) of over 20%, and
- A significant improvement in steering noted by the crew.
New Nautican Factory Readies First ShipmentNautican Research and Development, with the support of Babcock Canada, opened a manufacturing and integration facility in Prince Edward Island in December of 2016. The new facility produces Nautican’s High-Efficiency marine propulsion products, and over the coming years Nautican will... Read more » Read more...